From the very beginning, athletics have played an important role at Columbus Academy. From the school's first official team – a 12-member baseball squad in the spring of 1912 – to today, our student-athletes compete in maroon and gray representing Academy’s ideals of growing healthy bodies as well as healthy minds. Every day, our Vikings are encouraged to push themselves, play their best and support others, knowing that the benefits of physical wellness and the lessons of sport extend far beyond any classroom and any field of play.
Follow the Vikings on social media!
Facebook | @ColumbusAcademy
Instagram | @ColumbusAcademy
Twitter | @AcademyVikings | @ColumbusAcademy
YouTube | @ColumbusAcademy
Viking Athletics in the News
Fieldhouse Feature & Winter Sports Roundup
Swimming & Diving Preview
Boys Basketball Preview
Girls Basketball Preview
Soccer Roundup: Boys & Girls Teams Fall in State Semis
Football Falls in Opening Round of Playoffs
Field Hockey Captures 2nd-Straight State Title (photo gallery)
Field Hockey Cruises to State Title Game
Boys Soccer Advances to First Regional Final Since 1995
Girls Soccer Wins First-Ever Regional Tournament Game
Football Eyes Playoff Spot in Key Matchup at Bexley
Fall Sports Postseason Update
Boys Golf Captures 3rd Consecutive State Championship
Boys Golf Wins 3rd-Straight District Title
Girls Tennis Secures 3rd-Straight Berth to State Tournament
Football's Key Matchup at Harvest Prep
Fall Sports Update: Girls Tennis & Volleyball
Fall Sports Preview
- Boys Cross Country
- Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys Golf
- Girls Golf
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Basketball | Freshmen | Junior Varsity | Varsity
- Girls Basketball | Junior Varsity | Varsity
- Boys Bowling
- Girls Bowling
- Ice Hockey
- Boys Swimming & Diving
- Girls Swimming & Diving
- Boys Lacrosse | JV | Varsity
- Girls Lacrosse | JV | Varsity
- Boys Tennis | JV | Varsity
- Boys Track & Field
- Girls Track & Field
The purpose of the upper school interscholastic athletic program at Columbus Academy is threefold:
- To provide those students with an interest in athletics the opportunity to use and develop their athletic talent while participating in competitive contests under the direction of qualified and dedicated coaches. Additionally, we strive to continue to develop the ideas and habits of good health, fair play, initiative, achievement and emotional control.
- To provide for our students leadership opportunities and cooperative learning experiences which contribute to team building.
- To provide for our student body a solid foundation for the development of good school morals, for being sportsmanlike, and for exercising the qualities of fair play and courtesy.
The purpose of the middle school interscholastic athletic program is designed to meet the developmental needs of all student-athlete participants by developing skills, promoting sportsmanship and teamwork, and fostering a love of sports.
Participation is the cornerstone of middle school athletics. The school recognizes that the goal is to provide the student-athlete as much playing time as possible. Various factors are taken into account that may effect playing time; most important of these factors are the student's commitment, attitude and effort. The school recognizes that it is not always possible for every child to play in every game; however, participation during the course of the season is the goal.