From the very beginning, athletics have played an important role at Columbus Academy. From the school's first official team – a 12-member baseball squad in the spring of 1912 – to today, our student-athletes compete in maroon and gray representing Academy’s ideals of growing healthy bodies as well as healthy minds. Every day, our Vikings are encouraged to push themselves, play their best and support others, knowing that the benefits of physical wellness and the lessons of sport extend far beyond any classroom and any field of play.
Follow the Vikings on social media!
Facebook | @ColumbusAcademy
Instagram | @ColumbusAcademy
Twitter | @AcademyVikings | @ColumbusAcademy
YouTube | @ColumbusAcademy
Athletic Events Calendar & Schedules
2018 Fall Sports Program
2018-19 Winter Sports Program
2018-19 Pep Band
Hall of Fame
Individual State Champions & Runners-Up
Team State Championships & Runners-Up
Viking Athletics in the News
Girls Basketball Team Article
Jacob Eismann Swimming Feature
Hockey Team Article
Bowling Team Article
Swimming & Diving Preview
Basketball Preview & Ice Hockey Roundup
Field Hockey wins 11th state title
Boys Golf Repeats as D2 State Champions
Volleyball clinches share of program's first MSL-Ohio title
Field Hockey Finishes Regular Season Undefeated
Girls Tennis Sweeps D2 District Titles
Athletic Director Dominic Facciolla Feature
- Boys Cross Country | Preseason Photos
- Girls Cross Country | Preseason Photos
- Field Hockey | Preseason Photos
- Football | Preseason Photos
- Golf | CA Shootout Photos
- Boys Soccer | Preseason Photos
- Girls Soccer | Preseason Photos
- Girls Tennis | Preseason Photos
- Volleyball | Preseason Photos
- Boys Basketball | Freshmen | JV | Varsity
- Girls Basketball | JV | Varsity
- Boys Bowling
- Girls Bowling
- Ice Hockey
- Boys Swimming & Diving
- Girls Swimming & Diving
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Boys Tennis
- Boys Track & Field
- Girls Track & Field
The purpose of the upper school interscholastic athletic program at Columbus Academy is threefold:
- To provide those students with an interest in athletics the opportunity to use and develop their athletic talent while participating in competitive contests under the direction of qualified and dedicated coaches. Additionally, we strive to continue to develop the ideas and habits of good health, fair play, initiative, achievement and emotional control.
- To provide for our students leadership opportunities and cooperative learning experiences which contribute to team building.
- To provide for our student body a solid foundation for the development of good school morals, for being sportsmanlike, and for exercising the qualities of fair play and courtesy.
The purpose of the middle school interscholastic athletic program is designed to meet the developmental needs of all student-athlete participants by developing skills, promoting sportsmanship and teamwork, and fostering a love of sports.
Participation is the cornerstone of middle school athletics. The school recognizes that the goal is to provide the student-athlete as much playing time as possible. Various factors are taken into account that may effect playing time; most important of these factors are the student's commitment, attitude and effort. The school recognizes that it is not always possible for every child to play in every game; however, participation during the course of the season is the goal.