PACA hosts monthly Connect meetings that all parents and guardians are invited to attend. At these gatherings, you will learn about events and activities that are happening on campus. You will also be encouraged to participate in any events that involve parents and guardians. All meetings for the 2023-24 school year will be from 8:00-9:00 a.m. on the fireside of the dining hall.
- Wednesday, September 13 | Meeting Minutes & Photo Gallery
- Wednesday, October 11 | Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, November 8 | Meeting Minutes
- Wednesday, December 13
- Wednesday, January 10
- Wednesday, February 14
- Wednesday, March 13
- Wednesday, April 24
- Wednesday, May 8
2023-24 PACA Executive Board
- Gaby May | President
- Ellie Merritt-Zeiger | Vice President
- Jennifer Nester | Immediate Past President
- Sara Kate Hill | Budget Manager
- Carrie Stieg | Secretary/Communications
- Bonnie Rueber & Katharine Mallory | Lower School Leads
- Michelle Stoughton & Kamy Bhalla | Middle School Leads
- Heather Hunter & Amanda Lee | Upper School Leads
To contact the Parents' Association of Columbus Academy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PACA needs many different types of volunteers for a variety of school activities. Please click on the button above to fill out our volunteer form so you can be connected with the most appropriate people and groups for your interests.
Standing committees where volunteers are regularly needed include (lead parent contacts listed in parentheses):
- Book Fair (Jennifer Webb)
- Charlie David Dinner (Hilary Griffith and Jann Parish)
- Clothing Exchange Closet (Kimberly Allison, Yuchi Han and Jennifer Webb)
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation (Gabby Babbar, Tiffany Edwards, Ellie Merritt, Michelle Singh and Suzanne Tempelhof)
- Kids 4 Kids (Kimberly Allison and Ria Forchione)
- LS End-of-Year Carnival (Crystal Kahwash)
Affinity and Alliance Groups
Columbus Academy has several parent affinity groups that are dedicated to appreciating and celebrating diversity in our community.
- CAPSA (Columbus Academy Parents of South Asia)
Helps to educate the Academy community about cultures, customs and celebrations including Diwali and Holi.
- CPA (Chinese Parents’ Association)
Promotes Chinese parents’ involvement in the school community by supporting and participating and sometimes organizing various social/cultural and educational events.
- ¡HOLA! (Hispanic Outreach for Latino Awareness)
Founded in 2015 to support and celebrate the Latinx community at Columbus Academy.
- MOSAIC (Mobility, Opportunity, Social Equality, Action and Impact for our Children)
Open to parents of students of African descent interested in continuing Columbus Academy's diversity efforts and works to foster a more inclusive school community.
- Parent SEED (Seeking Educational Equity and Diversity)
Open to all Academy parents/guardians, SEED serves to support the school’s commitment to making the lives of its families more equitable and inclusive by recognizing, learning and talking about the diversity in our multicultural world. Over the course of seven facilitated morning meetings beginning in September, we will share and listen to the range of questions, viewpoints and opinions formed by personal life experiences. Every voice is welcome at SEED. For further information or to join us, please contact Joyce Simson P’08 at email@example.com.