The Experience of Working at Academy
Columbus Academy faculty and staff members are continuous learners in their fields and engage in caring and cooperative partnerships with colleagues and parents in order to have a demonstrated commitment to the values of equity and inclusion, and to help each student reach his or her full potential.
Just as we challenge our students to approach their work with integrity and moral courage, we also seek responsible and committed faculty and staff who strive to help lead by example the students they educate. Whether you are a teacher or administrator, coach or staff member, you are a valued part of the Academy community which promotes a culture of respect and trust.
A two-time honoree on Columbus CEO magazine's Top Workplaces list, Academy is one of the premier midsize organizations in Central Ohio and has earned special recognition for offering outstanding professional development opportunities.
Academy has a longstanding tradition of excellence by seeking to develop the complete person in mind, body and character. Our core values - respect, responsibility, fairness, compassion and honesty - are embedded in our culture and continually promoted throughout our entire school community, comprised of a wide diversity of thought, race, religion and socio-economics.
Columbus Academy adheres to the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Principles of Good Practice for Equity and Justice. We invite you to see how fostering community and character is at the forefront of the Academy experience!
Current Faculty/Staff Openings
- Upper School Art and Ceramics Teacher
- Upper School Science Teacher (part-time)
- Upper School Math and Computer Science Teacher
- Assistant Director of Athletics for Middle and Upper School Sports
- Lower School Physical Education Teacher
- Lower School Aquatics Instructor
- Lower School Learning Styles Specialist (tentative opening)
- Lower School Director of Academic Programs
- Pre-Kindergarten Teacher
- Lower School & Early Childhood Associate Teachers (part-time)
- After-School Assistants (please contact Alyssa King for details)
Current Coaching Positions Open
Please contact Jason Singleton if interested in any of the following:
- Varsity Ice Hockey Head Coach
- Junior Varsity Girls Golf Head Coach
- Middle School Girls Golf Head Coach
Columbus Academy offers competitive salaries and a generous compensation package with a wide range of benefits to help meet the needs of our faculty and staff members. The following benefits are available to our full-time employees:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Retirement benefits (TIAA)
- Partial tuition remission for children of employees
- Long-term disability
- Tuition assistance for courses taken at colleges/universities
- Professional development opportunities
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
With the input and unanimous endorsement of our Board of Trustees, in addition to the comprehensive work of the Leadership Team with members of our faculty and staff, Columbus Academy shared a United Against Racism declaration on October 23, 2020, after months of in-depth reflection on the school's practices to support students of color, address racism, and educate for racial competency.
Columbus Academy welcomes expressions of interest from candidates who are interested in exploring employment opportunities at any time during the year. We strive to respond to all letters of interest; however, due to the volume of resumes received, this is not always possible. Thank you for understanding!
We ask that all applicants include the following when inquiring about employment at Columbus Academy:
- Cover letter
- Supporting materials (optional)
All applicants can send these materials via regular mail, email or fax; although the preferred method is regular mail or email. We ask for all email applications that you include all documents in one attachment and list the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
Head of School
4300 Cherry Bottom Road
Gahanna, OH 43230