Upper School Athletics
The purpose of the upper school interscholastic athletic program at Columbus Academy is threefold:
- To provide those students with an interest in athletics the opportunity to use and develop their athletic talent while participating in competitive contests under the direction of qualified and dedicated coaches. Additionally, we strive to continue to develop the ideas and habits of good health, fair play, initiative, achievement and emotional control.
- To provide for our students leadership opportunities and cooperative learning experiences which contribute to team building.
- To provide for the community tangible displays of joy, conviction, enthusiasm and development in every aspect – including being gracious competitors – of the school’s core values: respect, responsibility, honesty, compassion, fairness, integrity and moral courage.
Middle School Athletics
The purpose of the middle school interscholastic athletic program is designed to meet the developmental needs of all student-athlete participants by developing skills, promoting sportsmanship and teamwork, and fostering a love of sports. Participation is the cornerstone of middle school athletics. The school recognizes that the goal is to provide the student-athlete as much playing time as possible. Various factors are taken into account that may affect playing time; most important of these factors are the student's commitment, attitude and effort. The school recognizes that it is not always possible for every child to play in every game; however, participation during the course of the season is the goal.
Starting in second grade, the purpose of our Junior Vikings youth sports programs at Columbus Academy is to positively develop our students by exposing them to a variety of sports. Participation, character development and fun are all key factors in our youth sports offerings. Providing opportunities for growth through sport and a welcoming environment where children feel they are learning how to be involved in their community are important in creating an exceptional experience for our students.
Click here for more about Youth Sports and the current season's offerings.
Columbus Academy's athletic performance and training is led by Shelby Reichle, strength and conditioning coach for all middle school, JV and varsity sports teams.
Click here to view our Athletic Performance website.
Meet Our Athletics Staff
All open coaching positions can be seen here and those interested should contact Jason Singleton.
- 2023-24 Coaches' Contact Information
- 2023 MS Mountain Biking Club Interest Letter
- Athletic & Medical Form Instructions
- Athletic Events Calendar & Schedules
- Athletic Facility Event Request Form
- Coaching Certification
- Coaching Position Openings
- Ohio Concussion Law
- Skin Condition Form for Wrestling
- Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Youth Sports Page
- Athletic Archives
- Boys Cross Country
- Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys Golf
- Girls Golf
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Bowling
- Girls Bowling
- Ice Hockey
- Boys Swimming & Diving
- Girls Swimming & Diving
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Boys Tennis
- Boys Track & Field
- Girls Track & Field