Upper School Athletics
The purpose of the upper school interscholastic athletic program at Columbus Academy is threefold:
- To provide those students with an interest in athletics the opportunity to use and develop their athletic talent while participating in competitive contests under the direction of qualified and dedicated coaches. Additionally, we strive to continue to develop the ideas and habits of good health, fair play, initiative, achievement and emotional control.
- To provide for our students leadership opportunities and cooperative learning experiences which contribute to team building.
- To provide for our student body a solid foundation for the development of good school morals, for being sportsmanlike, and for exercising the qualities of fair play and courtesy.
Middle School Athletics
Typically, over 80% of our students join a middle school interscholastic sports team. Our middle school athletic program is designed to meet the developmental needs of student-athletes by honing skills, promoting sportsmanship and teamwork, and fostering a love of sports. In so many areas, Academy seeks to find a healthy balance for students. Our middle school athletic program seeks a healthy balance between participation and winning.
The purpose of our Junior Vikings youth sports program at Columbus Academy is to positively develop our students ranging from grades 2-6 (depending on the sport). Participation, character development, and fun are all key factors in our youth sports offerings. Providing opportunities for growth through sport and a welcoming environment where children feel they are learning how to be involved in their community is important in creating an exceptional experience for our students.
Click here for more about Youth Sports and the current season's offerings.
Columbus Academy's athletic performance and training is led by Shelby Reichle, strength and conditioning coach, for grades 7-12 and all middle school, junior varsity and varsity level sports teams.
Click here to view our Athletic Performance website.
Meet Our Athletics Staff
All open coaching positions can be seen here and those interested should contact Jason Singleton.
- 2021 Fall Sports Information
- 2021 Fall Sports Schedule Poster
- Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, YouTube
- Athletic & Medical Form Instructions
- 2021-22 Pre-Participation Exam (PPE) Form
- Athletic Events Calendar & Schedules
- Athletic Facility Event Request Form
- Coaching Certification
- Coaching Position Openings
- Ohio Concussion Law
- Skin Condition Form for Wrestling
- Youth Sports Page
- Athletic Archives
- Boys Cross Country
- Girls Cross Country
- Field Hockey
- Boys Golf
- Girls Golf
- Boys Soccer
- Girls Soccer
- Girls Tennis
- Boys Basketball
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Bowling
- Girls Bowling
- Ice Hockey
- Boys Swimming & Diving
- Girls Swimming & Diving
- Boys Lacrosse
- Girls Lacrosse
- Boys Tennis
- Boys Track & Field
- Girls Track & Field