On August 20, Columbus Academy opened its 108th school year with 1,120 students from 54 different zip codes in and around Central Ohio. For the first time in school history, Academy offered a classroom for 3-year-olds called the Explorers program.
“We spend so much time and effort planning events and creating spaces, so we can’t wait to see the results,” said Head of School Melissa Soderberg in a back-to-school news article. “I especially look forward to hearing all about the internships and amazing experiences our older students had this summer.”
- Back-to-School Letter from Head of School
- Video from Opening Day for Middle & Upper Schools
- Upper School Opening Day Photo Gallery
- Middle School Opening Day Photo Gallery
- Lower School Ice Cream Social Photo Gallery
- Lower School Opening Day Photo Gallery
- Announcement of New Faculty & Staff Members
- Columbus Dispatch Coverage from 50 Years Ago
Convocation on August 21 began with faculty and staff members Kelly Black, Dominic Facciolla, Dr. Franz Gruber, Jennifer Lange, Erich Hunker ’81, Tim Morford ’79, Tim Leet, Dr. Andy Morris ’85, Dr. Suzanne Ritter and Jeff Warstler being celebrated for reaching their 20th year at Columbus Academy. A special recognition then went to Assistant Admissions Director Debbie Keeran for her 40 years of service to the school.
In her welcome address, Mrs. Soderberg told students and teachers that she is looking forward to a year where we “notice the things around us.” Student Council President Ethan Nankervis followed by saying that he hopes all of us share our “whispers of wisdom” with each other, young and old. The event concluded with the traditional announcement of Senior-Kindergarten Buddies.