All alumni are invited to attend Alumni Weekend, featuring reunion classes ending in 3 and 8, on September 14-17, 2018. Alumni Weekend begins with alumni events on campus Friday, CA community events on Saturday, reunion class gatherings and wrapping up with the 10th Annual Golf Outing on Monday.
Schedule of Events
Friday, September 14
3:45 p.m. Alumni Weekend Headquarters & Registration (Academy Hall)
4:00 p.m. Campus Tours (Academy Hall)
- Tour campus to see how CA looks today with the new spaces. Meet at Academy Hall at 3:45 p.m. to start your tour.
5:00 p.m. Welcome Back Reception (Dining Hall)
- Reminisce with classmates and former faculty while enjoying a reception in the Dining Hall. Dress is casual, CA spirit wear is encouraged! Hors d'oeuvre & cocktail hour 5:00-6:00 p.m.; Program at 6:00 p.m.
7:00 p.m. Vikings vs. Bexley Varsity Football (Hondros Field)
Saturday, September 15
CA Community Day
10:00 a.m. Viking Rampage Challenge
- Explore our 231-acre campus in a fun and messy way with the Viking Rampage Challenge! Friends of all ages are welcome to participate. Run check-in begins at 9:30 a.m. at the tent located on the south end of Hondros Field with the first wave of the run starting at 10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m. Vikings vs. Wellington Boys JV Soccer (Hondros Field)
10:00 a.m. Vikings vs. CSG & Northridge Varsity Volleyball (Mack Gym)
10:00 a.m. Vikings vs. CSG & Northridge JV Volleyball (Jones Gym)
11:30 a.m. ¡HOLA! Tailgate (Hondros Field)
- Join ¡HOLA!, our Hispanic Outreach and Latino Awareness parent group, for their annual soccer tailgate at Hondros Field at 11:30 a.m. Come watch some great fútbol and enjoy music, food, snacks, crafts and games as CA soccer hosts Wellington on Hondros Field.
12:00 p.m. Vikings vs. Wellington Boys Varsity Soccer (Hondros Field)
2:00 p.m. Vikings vs. Wellington Girls Varsity Soccer (Hondros Field)
Various Food trucks, activities and family fun!
Monday, September 16
1:00 p.m. 10th Annual Columbus Academy Golf Outing
- The Academy community is invited to participate in the 10th Annual Golf Outing being held at Columbus Country Club. The golf outing is designed to benefit financial aid in memory of George N. Corey, former Board of Trustees president and father of Michael Corey '01. Click here to register online.
Individual Class Gatherings (as coordinated by class agents)
Gathering held in May 2018.
Saturday, September 15: Gathering at the Halliday Family Barn in Pataskala at 6:30 p.m. For more information, contact Andy Carlin or Ted Lape.
Friday, September 14: Gather at PINS Dublin at 8 p.m.
Saturday, September 15: Gathering at Columbus Academy on the lower school playground for donuts and coffee at 10 a.m. For more information contact Asim Haque, Jane Sando or W.D. Ferriel.
Friday, November 23: Gathering at Seventh Son Brewing at 7 p.m. For more information, contact Ben Bring or Sarah Mills Fritz.
Saturday, September 15: Gathering at High Bank Distillery. For more information, contact Paulina Canini, Laura Caplinger or Jill Pattison.
Saturday, November 24: Tailgate at the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. For more information, contact Benji Hoagland, Kyle Turner or Meghan Verne.