Parent/Guardian Affinity Groups
The parent and guardian affinity group program is managed by the Parents’ Association of Columbus Academy (PACA). Each group is led by parents and guardians in the community and collaborates with the school through a faculty-staff liaison. In addition to meetings, parent and guardian affinity groups support school programming during the school day and host events to engage and educate our community.
- Parent/guardian alliance for equity and inclusion (UnitedCA-PACA)
- Parents/Guardians of Black/African American students (MOSAIC)
- CA Parents of South Asian heritage (CAPSA)
- Hispanic and Latino Awareness (¡HOLA!)
- Chinese Parents Association (CPA)
Alumni Affinity Groups
The alumni affinity group program is managed by Melissa Clarke Beckett, our Director of Alumni Relations, in collaboration with Beckett Broh, our Director of Diversity and Community Life. These affinity groups are led by alumni volunteers who help coordinate and host gatherings, collaborate with the school to inform the student experience, and serve as a resource for student mentoring.
Faculty/Staff Affinity Group
The faculty and staff affinity group program is currently focused on our faculty and staff of color. It is managed by the Diversity and Community Life team and hosts gatherings to network faculty and staff of color in our community and with other schools and resources.
- Faculty and Staff of Color
Upper School Program and Groups
The Upper School Affinity Group program (grades 9-12) is managed by Beckett Broh, our Director of Diversity and Community Life. Each group is led by upper school students and mentored by a faculty or staff advisor. Groups meet during activities periods and/or lunch. In addition to affinity meetings, groups host assemblies, advisories, and events for all upper school students throughout the school year. Student leaders also collaborate with school personnel to foster equitable and inclusive school practices.
- Upper school student alliance for equity and inclusion (UnitedCA-US)
- Black Organization of Students (BOS)
- South Asian students (DESI)
- East Asian Students Together (EAST)
- Gender Relations in Our World (GROW)
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA)
- Jewish Club and Affinity Group (JAG)
- Group for Christian students (Journey 511)
- LGBTQ or questioning students (LGBTQ AG)
- Multi-Heritage Association of Students (MAOS)
- Muslim Enrichment Club of CA (MECCA)
- Group for Black males (The FAM)
Middle School Program and Groups
The Middle School Affinity Group program (grades 6-8) is managed by Pedro Mena, our Middle School Assistant Director of Diversity and Community Life. Each group is led by a middle school faculty and staff member who organizes and facilitates meetings for and with students. Meetings are held on a rotating basis during activities period. In addition to meetings, students help plan assemblies, advisories, and special events for all middle school students.
- UnitedCA-MS (coming fall 2020)
- Black Organization of Students (BOS Middle)
- South Asian students (DESI Jr.)
- East Asian Students Together (EAST Middle)
- Family Matters
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA Middle)
- Jewish Club and Affinity Group (JAG Middle)
- Group for Christian students (Journey 511 Middle)
- Multi-Heritage Association of Students (MAOS Middle)
Lower School Program and Groups
Info to come on Lower School Program and Groups